Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mr. Banerjee or Mr.D.Banerjee ?

I remember , it was our mock for the I.S.C .... we were made to sit in the hall downstairs in  long rows.. The commerce sir (short,  Chaplin mustache and nasal voice- forgot his name) was on the invigilation. We were writing our Chemistry paper... Our brains were filled with zillions of names - Benzene,mathanol,iodoform etc etc ... Subroto was trying with all his might to scribble some sense on his otherwise blank paper and there was Gaurav poking him for the last 15 minutes. Gaurav as usual had finished his paper long time back .No,no dont get any wrong notion... He wasn't a genius. His knowledge was exhausted.... Subroto, was getting irritated - "Wait,lemme finish first" he told Gaurav..
But Gaurav could no longer hold his patience. He needed the answer real bad...After Subroto completed his work , he managed to spare some time for his dear friend who was in need - a dire need (i suppose)....
Any guess what Gaurav asked him ??????
No ?
Well --- he asked him :
"Mr.Banerjee or Mr.D.Banerjee ???"
Subroto was fuming.... He had actually spared his precious last minute for this...
But now , after so many years , I think that had Gaurav not done something so stupid, we wouldn't have had something to laugh upon till date ...
Thanks Gaurav for being hillarious at times....


P.S :- Did Subroto answer his question ??

6 comments:

  1. :D.....lolz...I never knew this :P...hahahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. talking about chemistry .....i had my guardians call in class 11 for turning in an organic chemistry paper with just my name on it. I hadn't bothered to write/ attempt anything else. Apparently I had an 'attitude' problem according to Mr. Myers. I was so freaked out that I called Sumona that night and asked her the dumbest question. Where should I start studying organic chemistry from? The answer was Nomenclature from Bahl& Bahl ( right now I am impressed with myself for remembering the name of the book! )

    btw, the organic name of 'Draupadi' still cracks me up .... I think it was Sanjit who first told me about it. :D

    PS: I still hate chemistry and all people associated with it. ( that does not include Abir) ...kidding

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah.....u guys remember Gaurav's Ms. Cooper or Copper was it ? Yuk chemistry again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candice Cooper ... how can we forget her ?hahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. what was organic name for 'Draupadi' ??? i forgot

    ReplyDelete